Thursday, November 9, 2017

"That's a week from today!"

Sunday, August 23, 1992
     I thought it had been a couple of nights since I wrote but it's been four. Hopefully my memory of the last few days will work. I don't think we did anything special on Thu. Friday I ran errands. I called Michelle Bridgeman

Monday, August 24, 1992
     So much for getting caught up last night. Ez. was up & down from about 11:15–1:45. I finally gave her some Tylenol cause I didn't know what else to do. Today I decided to check her gums & I think she might be starting to cut one of her second molars. According to her baby book, the lower ones come in at 20 mos. & the upper ones at 24 mos. There's a bump on her upper right side so this would be really early. She has been a bit drool lately but I figured it was from the last of her first molars maybe trying to finish up—it's still not all the way out & it's been 2½ mos. I went ahead & gave her some Tylenol at bedtime tonight. I sure hope she doesn't wake up tonight. She did sleep til 8:23 this morning.
     Back to where I left off. I asked Michelle if she'd keep Ez. Fri. morning so I could run errands & she said yes. I went to a frame shop to finally see about getting the painting Rob did for Ez. framed. It's costing $65 (+ tax) which is just a couple of dollars more than the money we still have from our tax refund. I'll pick it up the 2nd. Next I went to Leggett's to get a shower present for Amber Richardson. I had to wait a little while cause their computer was down. I finally decided to get a sharpening steel for her kitchen knives, something I always thought would be nice to have. ($20) Then I went to Leonard's on Mil. Why. to see about getting replacement strips for Guy's truck camper. I got 45 feet for $10. He'll be surprised. I went to Farm Fresh for a few things & came home to put the milk in the fridge. Then I went to 7-11 for gas for the car. That's the main reason I wanted someone to keep Ez.
     She was glad to see me but she did good while I was gone. I'd taken her lunch in case I was late. It was past 12:30 but she didn't eat all her lunch. She probably snacked too late. I can't remember now how long she slept that aft.
     Three letters came from Guy that aft. They really had all sorts of problems with the ship. I'm glad they'll be home early.
     Sat. John Leland came over to mow for me. Barb dropped him off & picked him up. After that we went to Wal-Mart to pick up pictures & get some extra-large plastic pants for Ez. The large ones are too tight around her legs.
     She screamed & cried the whole time I washed her hair in the kitchen again. I'll be glad when Guy's here to help with it.
     I finished Ez's bunny dress & pinafore Sat. so she could wear it to church Sun. I measured her legs so the elastic in the panties wouldn't be too tight but didn't know til we got to church that the legs were too loose & hung down. I'll have to fix them.
     Mike & Carole invited us over after church for dinner. Ez. fell asleep on the way there but woke up when I got her out of the car. It took forever for Carole to get lunch ready. She'd said it was going to be ham—it was broiled ham slices with fruit on top. I was expecting a big ham. It was good though. Martha stayed asleep so Ez. sat in her chair. She did fairly well. It was 2:00 by the time we got home. I put her down for a nap but she didn't sleep long if at all. I dozed for maybe 5–10 minutes. We got up at 3:00. She was so tired I thought she'd fall asleep on the way to church but she didn't. I almost did in church, even with her squiggling. I'm surprised she didn't fall asleep on the way home. We ate & she went to bed around 8:30–8:45. It was during the weather when I first heard her. I gave her a few minutes but she didn't stop. She acted like she might have had a bad dream. She went back to sleep for a little bit I think. That's when I started writing. It was just so hard trying to get her back to sleep but she finally started crying gradually less. I did change her diaper & take her temp (98.7°). I turned the fan off once then back on later. I rocked her for awhile too. I'm glad she finally did go to sleep cause I don't know what else I would've done. I just hope she doesn't do it tonight.
     I tried calling the ombudsman yest. aft. & got the answering machine at Connie's (spouses' club pros.). Rhonda's out of town. Connie called later & said I needed to call my phone tree people (I got 3 of them) to tell them that the ship was going to be riding out Hurricane Andrew off the coast of Florida. And they'll be back on the 31st. That's a week from today! She didn't know if they'd be pulling into port after the hurricane. It's in the Gulf of Mexico now & expected to hit the coast of Louisiana. Hopefully the ship will pull in he'll be able to call me.
     We didn't do anything today. Since she slept late she only took an aft. nap for about 2 hours. I dozed during my story.
     Chief scared me to death when I took him out while ago. He started running & barking & I heard something hit the fence. I assume it was a cat but I couldn't see anything. I ran back inside—I don't know if he did anything or not. I didn't go out again, just stuck my head out to tell him to go.


August 1992

No comments:

Post a Comment