Tuesday, November 14, 2017

"One more thing for Guy to fix when he gets home."

Tuesday, August 25, 1992
     I didn't know til I opened this [new notebook] just now that I got the wide-ruled instead of narrow-ruled by mistake. Oh well.
     I'm so glad that Ez. slept through the night ok last night. I barely stayed awake through the late weather & don't remember waking up any. But I sure didn't want to get up when she woke me up at 7:24. She didn't want to get up when she woke me up at 7:24. She didn't take a morning nap but went down about 12:30. I got a little bit of a nap. Woke up at 1:08 & watched my story then tried to go back to sleep but didn't and she woke up around 2:30. She gets so tired by suppertime when she only has one nap and is up that early in the afternoon. She went to bed right at 8:00. I didn't give her any Tylenol but I still felt that gum bumpy. She kinda brushed her teeth herself tonight. I fixed both of them up cause she's been trying to take the one away from me lately. I did brush after she did to be sure they were clean. Last night & tonight was the first time in a long time that she didn't stand up when I put her in bed. I've been gradually singing less verses to her at night. She just gets so squirmy. I've been thinking about moving the rocking chair downstairs sometime soon. (It's still not stained) I kinda straightened up in her room some today, trying to make room for sitting on the day bed. I went through most of the drawers in her chest & got our all the clothes that were are too small now.
     I need to sort through all of them. Up til now I've just been piling them in a box that's overflowing—I rearranged the boxes in front of the window so she can look our easier now. One of the sliding doors on her closet won't move. I think it's stuck on top of the divider underneath. When I was moving boxes around looking for the right color of scraps the other day, a couple of them fell against the door so I guess that knocked it over. One more thing for Guy to fix when he gets home.
     I was looking for scraps to make a couple of little drool bibs for Gloria Piselli's shower. It was last night at Susan Locke's. I gave Susan the present Sun.
     Carol Wilson was having a toy party tonight. I couldn't have gone even if I wanted to since I don't have a babysitter. She said she'd bring me a catalog Sun.
     Elizabeth did something new yesterday—she blew [with her lips]. I'd tried to teach her some time before but not lately. It's strange how sometimes she just picks things up on her own.
     I forgot to call today to see if there was anything new on the ship. They keep showing pictures of the hurricane damage in Florida & it's just awful. I was hoping they'd pull into port & he'd be able to call me today. If they don't pull into port maybe they'll come on home early. Maybe I could should start cleaning house in case he does get home early. I did get started a little bit clearing off the bed. Things have kinda piled up on his side. I want to get the matching dress & skirt for Ez. & me made to wear the first Sun. he's back. The bed is the only place I can spread out the cutting board now.


August 1992

No comments:

Post a Comment