Thursday, November 16, 2017

"I've just about had it with Chief."

Friday, August 28, 1992
     Guy called right at 4:00 yesterday & we didn't talk very long. He said he'd call again the day before they leave.
     I don't remember us doing anything yesterday to wear Ez. out but she slept for almost 3 hrs. yesterday afternoon. I slept for 20–30 minutes maybe.
     Rosemary Snowden called yesterday morning. She said that she has to go back to work Mon. & the baby-sitter she had lined up for Zack isn't going to be able to keep him for awhile. She cut a tendon in her hand. She (Rosemary) was going to interview with another woman last night. I don't know why I told her I could keep him if this other woman didn't work out. She said she'd keep that in mind. I worried about it for a few hours and then called Dianna Landon for ideas of someone from church who could keep him & she said she could. I told her I'd call Rosemary today to see how the interview went & let her know. When I called Rosemary I had to leave a message on the machine & haven't heard back from her yet.
     I just remembered what I did yesterday morning. I went through all of Ez's clothes and tried to sort them a little better by size. They've just kind of been piling up. I still need to clear out her top drawer & the hanging stuff. All of this won't fit in one box anymore. All the different piles are still in her floor—I didn't get back to it today.
     Gayle picked us up for the shower last night. It was nice—there were over 25 people there. It was almost 10:00 before we left. Ez. did pretty good. She was really getting the sillies toward the end. She was sitting in the floor with Melissa Dilday tickling her. She'd laugh & shake her head from side to side til she got dizzy & fell over. At least now people know she's not serious all the time. I put her pjs on before we left & she fell asleep in the car. Gale brought her in & carried her up to bed & she stayed asleep. I'd come in & let Chief out first. I'd put the gate up to keep him in the kitchen cause there was a chance it would storm. It looked like it'd rained but I forgot to check the rain gauge today. I brought the car seat in the house instead of going ahead & putting it in the car. I was so tired myself I didn't have too much trouble falling asleep. I did watch part of Jay Leno though.
     At 4:39 this morning I heard Chief whining. I'm not sure if he was upstairs or not. I got up & turned on the light switch & went to the top of the stairs but didn't see him. I told him to go to sleep. I figured maybe it had thundered just close enough for him to hear it but not me. I went right back to sleep. Didn't even remember it til we got up this morning (she slept til 8:26) & saw he'd thrown up in the hall. It was pretty dried up. When I went to let him out something in front of the fireplace caught my eye. He pooped in several spots. I couldn't believe it! I got onto him but what good does that do when you don't catch them in the act. I didn't let Ez. down in the floor at all. When she got downstairs I picked her up & put her right in the high chair. I went ahead & ate with her then started cleaning the floor while she was still eating. I wiped up as much as I could in the hall with a paper towel & left it covered up. I got all the poop up ok & only one little spot had stuck a little. I took Ez. straight to the stairs when we were ready to go up. Of course I had to let Chief back in to feed him but I left him out when he was finished eating.
     I tried calling Dr. O'Neil when we got upstairs. I called in refills for my Pancrease & Humibid on Wed. & late yesterday afternoon they called & told me that the date on my Pancrease had expired. After I hung up I thought I should've asked why they waited so long to call. Refills are supposed to be ready by noon & it was around 5:00, too late for me to call the dr. Anyway, when I called this morning they said he wasn't in today & all the other drs. were on rounds & could I call back in an hour. I did after I did my medicine & took a shower.
     I talked to a Dr. A.G. I don't know how to spell his name but that's how it's pronounced—A.G. I explained the situation and he said he'd call it in to Boone & let me know if there was any problem. I went ahead & got Ez. & I ready cause I'd planned to go to the commissary today anyway. When he hadn't called in 45 minutes I went ahead & left. We went to Boone first & they said they don't accept prescription orders over the phone. I got my Humibid with no problems. We didn't have any problems at the commissary except for being tired. Ez. fell asleep on the way home. I only brought in the things that need to be frozen or refrigerated. I'd put Chief in the kitchen while we were gone because I thought it might rain. I put him back in when I came upstairs. While I was bringing the groceries in I was having a bad coughing spell & I was worn out by the time I got upstairs.
     I went ahead & tried to call Dr. AG again & got the same corpsman. I told him what they'd said at Boone & he said he'd told Dr. AG that they wouldn't do it but he'd said he was going to try it anyway. He said he could have him write it up for me to pick up & I told him I couldn't come pick it up and wanted it mailed to me. He said it'd probably take a week to get here & I said that was better than nothing. He said he'd have Dr. AG call me this aft. (all the drs. were in a meeting) I waited til 10 til 4:00 cause I knew they close at 4:00 then I called again. Dr. AG was there and he said he'd mail it to me & took my address. He had asked me the number for Boone the first time I called & I told him all I knew was the refill number & gave it to him. This time he told me the number I gave him was a private residence. I felt like asking why didn't he look it up for himself. We'll see if the prescription comes. I still have a few days worth left.
     Backing up now, when I talked to the corpsman earlier this aft. he seemed to be trying to talk me into coming over there to pick it up & I started to tell him why it was too hard for me to come over with Ez. but I just said it's just too hard for me to get over there and I started to say how everything has changed so much since Dr. Lazarus left & I never had so much problems when she was there. I just told him never mind & to be sure the dr. called me today. I had a good little cry then & was ready to fall asleep watching the rest of my story. So of course Ez. woke up. She slept just a little over an hour. So she was ready to go to bed at 8:00. I just remembered I didn't feel her gums. I missed last night too. Doesn't seem like it's bothering her any more—knock on wood.
     I didn't go out with Chief at bedtime again. I'm wondering if that's why he messed in the house last night cause I didn't make sure he did anything at bedtime. But I'm not going to do it any more. He was barking & growling again out there tonight so I don't know if he did anything or not. I put the gate up tonight though. Even if he does something it'll be easier than cleaning the carpet.
     I did get some carpet cleaner but it didn't get all of the stain out in the hall. I had it covered with a paper towel all day & I'm surprised Ez. never even bothered it. I tried using soap on it too but it still shows. Hopefully at least the germs are taken care of. I've just about had it with Chief.

No comments:

Post a Comment