Tuesday, December 5, 2017

"I gave up trying to sing in church this morning cause I started crying every time."

Sunday, August 30, 1991 [1992]
     Since Guy wants me to go ahead & start writing him again I guess I'll have to start using the carbon paper again. At least it'll use up this notebook paper that I don't like faster. I guess I'll have to start on a fresh page to keep from getting mixed up on the pages like I did in one letter.
     I guess I should mention that I made copies of my journal pages on the church office copier today from the point where I sent the first letter to Guy. Since the 2, 3, & 4 letters apparently got lost. Guy said they may have been at the air force base that got torn apart by the hurricane. Anyway, I'll have a giant envelope to send him tomorrow with that & the past two weeks' newspapers. Hopefully they'll get to him.

Sun., August 30, 1991 [1992]
Dear Guy,
     I guess I'm doing a little better than last night. Not a whole lot though. I gave up trying to sing in church this morning cause I started crying every time. I did better tonight though. I ended up taking Ez. to the nursery this morning but she did ok tonight. There was a congregational meeting after tonight's service but I left before it was over cause it was starting to get dark & Ez. was getting tired & fidgety.
     Oh, I found a babysitter for the wedding—Rachel Cuthrell. She'll even have her own car by then so I (we) won't have to pick her up. She said she charges around $2–2.50. I'm so relieved. Now if only you can be here to go.
     Jodie said Deanna called last week & talked to Gary while she was out. There was some kind of misunderstanding about how much she'd have to pay extra to use that plane ticket & it's too much so she won't be coming to visit. She's moving to Searcy next weekend. I'm so disappointed. At least we should be able to see her when we go home at Thanksgiving.
     When I got home this morning the front yard had been mowed. I assume Mr. Gibbs did it. He wasn't out when I was so I haven't thanked him yet. I wonder if he tried to get in to do the back yard & if Chief barked or whined if he did. I left him out all day long. It was practically dark by the time we got home & he was really excited to see us. I gave him a chewy stick while we had a snack. It was about 8:45 by the time I put Ez. down. She hardly lays still long enough for me to sing to her any more I heard her moving around & making little noises for awhile.
     She fell asleep on the way home this morning & stayed asleep. I don't know what time it was but it was 1:23 when she woke up & we ate lunch around 2:00. I got some sleep but I'm not sure how much—Chief barked & woke me up.
     I didn't get much sleep last night from crying & being so upset. It was at least 1:00 when I fell asleep and I woke up once coughing. I'm not sure what time that was but it lasted awhile before I stopped & got back to sleep. I did not want to get up when my alarm went off at 6:30. I hit the snooze but got up before it went off. Ez. was still asleep by the time I got upstairs so I went ahead & got dressed. I finally woke her up about 5 to 8. I went ahead & got her dressed before taking her down to eat. She didn't eat much since we were so rushed but I didn't give her anything too messy. We ate our big meal of the day after her nap.
     I didn't get a chance to talk to Rosemary today but I ran into Bruce in the nursery & he said they were planning to stay with the babysitter even though her hand was hurt. Dianna Landon said she talked to both of them & they were going to go over to the lady's house this afternoon to see if she was going to be able to handle it. Dianna told them she could keep Zack if they needed her to. I didn't see them tonight.
     I went ahead & ordered that name puzzle for Ez. Luana was putting together an order. I plan to take the money for it out of xmas.
     It's almost 10:00 so I need to go let Chief out. I went out with him even though I don't like doing that. I feel like a sitting target out there with the porch light on. & I can't see out very far into the yard. But I'm wondering if that's part of Chief's problem, that I stopped going out with him. I still put the gate up tonight. I haven't played much with it in awhile so maybe he's been just trying to get more attention. I wonder if Sue & Harold would consider keeping him til we move back to Ark.? I'm not sure I'd trust him & Daddy together.
     I don't know how long I should keep writing since we don't know for sure when the ship is coming back. I'll probably call Connie in a couple of days to see if there's any new info.
     I guess I'll go ahead & send this out tomorrow.
     PS I remembered some other stuff. I let Chief out again last night somewhere between 11:30-midnight cause he was whining. I didn't go out with him so I don't know if he did anything but he didn't do anything in the kitchen overnight.
     Wanda Claypool was in the nursery when I checked Ez's diaper after class this morning. I asked if they were getting settled in & she said they're having to move because the house they're renting has been sold. They haven't found anything new yet.
     I talked to Regina Walker briefly. They're moving to Newport News so she's waiting about looking for a job. I'm not sure if they'll stay at Granby.
     Ez. walked a little bit at church today, mostly with help. I usually end up picking her up because we're holding up traffic.


August 1992

No comments:

Post a Comment