Wednesday, December 6, 2017

"This may be a long night."

Tuesday, September 1, 1992
     Yesterday Ez. woke up at 7:11. We went to ACE, the credit union (my check came Fri.) and Wal-Mart. Your deposit hadn't shown up yet so I'll go back there tomorrow to find out the amount.
     I decided to go to the Wal-Mart on Mil. Why. so I went down Indian River after leaving the credit union. As soon as I pulled into a handicapped space I realized my decal was in the car. (We were in the truck—I drove it to church Sun. night) Remind me not to run errands in the truck again. I drove around & around looking for a space and finally saw someone leaving kinda close so I waited on them. When I started to pull into the space a lady pulled into it from the other side. She motioned to me that she'd back up but before she did someone pulled in behind her. So I had to go around again looking for a space. I couldn't find one very close but found one that had a cart nearby so I didn't have to carry Ez. She'd fallen asleep along the way so I had to wake her up.
     I got all the usual dog & baby stuff. I bought the XL diapers this time because the L are getting too tight around her legs. The XL fit just fine. I only got one bag in case they didn't fit. There are only 26 in a bag. I think there were 30 in the L bags.
     I found a cute little lap tray I wanted to get Ez. but couldn't find one that wasn't cracked.
     I was so tired by the time we left there. We had a time getting out of there though. I went to go out the way we usually do by the theater but they had it blocked. The signs were facing the other way so I don't know if it's permanently closed or not. So I went back to the other side of the parking lot cause the street on the other side had a stop light. The last row turned out to be one way & I was going the wrong way. There weren't any arrows at the opposite end. I turned around & went back one row and it was the same. I went over another row & it was the same but there weren't any empty spaces to turn around in so I went ahead. There was a car in front of me going out the wrong way too. Anyway, traffic was backed up on that street by the time I got on it & we had to sit through about 3 lights before we got out. I couldn't believe how much trouble I had getting out. I thought about calling to complain about their parking lot but haven't done it yet.
     We had lunch when we got home & while we were eating, Mr. Gibbs came over & asked to borrow our hose cause his just busted. I said ok & thanked him for mowing. He didn't offer to mow the back yard so I called Barb & she said John could do it tomorrow. Mr. Gibbs brought the hose back—I don't know when. He said he's taking leave this week.
     Ez. slept for about 1½ hrs yesterday aft. I slept for about 20 minutes and thought I heard her but she was still asleep but I couldn't get back to sleep so I went down stairs & started working on the books & paying bills. I didn't finish the books since I don't know your amt. yet but I put all the bills in the mail when we went to check if after she woke up. The AT&T bill came & your first call from Panama was the only thing on it—$23+ for 19 minutes. Ez. went to bed around 8:00 last night & woke up at 7:26 this morning.
     Sue called last night & we talked for about 30 min. She sent Ez. a package Friday but didn't say what was in it. They're going to WV this weekend for the family reunion. I asked if they'd like to keep Chief & she said no. Oh, I had to call to get a refill on his eyedrops—nothing but foam came out last time.
     Ever since it rained all the time it seems like we've been getting more & more flies in the house. I don't know if there's any connection. Last night I found & finally killed at least 6 in the window by the bookcase. Tonight there were at least that many & more there so I used bug spray. I don't know where they're all coming from. I've been leaving Chief out all day so I'm not opening the door letting him in & out all day. Hopefully the spray will get rid of all of them.
     Ez's walking around the house more often. Whenever I try to get her on tape she stops. I did get her coming down the hall one day. I can't tell any difference in her ankles. I was waiting about calling for her another appointment with the ortho. til I found out what your schedule is going to be. Same thing with my next appt. with Dr. O'Neil.
     I called today & got Rhonda's answering machine so I guess she's back from her trip. She said y'all are going to be there two weeks. They mentioned on the 11:00 news last night that y'all pulled in yesterday aft. But by the time I looked they were showing the Ponce. I'm praying & hoping so hard that y'all come home sooner than that.
     This may be a long night. I put Ez. to bed a little after 8:00. (She slept about 1 hr 45 min. this aft.) She kept fussing so I gave her some Tylenol at 8:30. She didn't really go to sleep til nearly 9:00 but she's woke up twice since then. I checked her diaper the first time but this time she was just sitting out of my reach & wouldn't come to me. So I just gave her her pacifiers to hold & left.
     I finished going through her clothes today & got them boxed up. I put some of those moth packets in them so we can put them in the attic.
     Here's some info for you SUN H-84° L-60° MON H-90° L-66° TUES H-81° L-70° Weather Channel August rainfall 14.25" It wasn't too humid when we were out to get the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment